It’s that time of year again. Stores are packed with gift buyers and there is about to be an influx of new stuff in many of our homes thanks the generosity of friends and family. Most people don’t need another candle or sweater, so this year why don’t you consider giving a clutter-free experience?
And now a look back at my favorite clutter free gifts…
- Cooking classes can be quite pricy but they are just so much fun. Most people won’t splurge on this kind of class for themselves, so why not buy it for them?
- Consider a series of yoga classes, a woodworking workshop or a dance class.
- If a cooking class is not in your budget, a DIY Cheese Making Kit from Williams-Somoma might do the trick.
- Or if it’s more their speed, consider a Beer Brewing Kit.
- A gift certificate from Seamless.com, a service that delivers food from tons of local restaurants, is a great option for that special someone in your life who doesn’t like to cook.
- How about the gift of healthy snacks? Naturebox monthly memberships deliver hand-picked snacks to your door along with recipes and ideas for healthy eats. I recently sent a subscription to my mother-in-law and she is loving the delicious snacks.
- Of course chocolates, homemade baked goods, etc. are always an option
- If you want to take things to the next level, adopt an olive tree in their name with Nudo, and they get the olive oil from it for a year!
- Movie, concert, sporting event or theater tickets are all great options. Give them a certificate or plan a night out together.
- You can rarely go wrong with an iTunes gift card, they can be used to buy movies, apps, books, and music!
- Or you can give the gift of a museum membership.
- TOYS! I love SparkBoxToys. It’s a great way to give gifts without contributing to clutter. Your friends/family get to keep a set of toys for 4+ weeks and then send them back and receive a new set. And if you buy now through December 25th, they’ll donate a box of toys to charity.
- Ok, so this one will probably contribute to the stuff in their home but Etsy is awesome! And a gift certificate, which you can easily order on their website will give them a chance to pick out something they love from a custom cutting board to a one of a kind scarf.
- Make a donation to their favorite charity.
- Treat your friend or family member to something they wouldn’t buy for themselves, like a manicure, a massage, or a day at the spa. Send a gift certificate from a local favorite.